Sound of Late is seeking collaborators for the 2017–2018 season. Applicants will propose a new piece to write for the ensemble and two existing works by their colleagues to pair with it. All three pieces will be performed in Portland and Seattle during the 2017-2018 season.
- Submit a representative work scored for 2-8 instruments.
- Provide a link to a recording of the work. MIDI realizations will not be accepted.
- Write a brief proposal (300 words max) outlining a proposal for a new work.
- The instrumentation of the proposed work must use 3-7 instruments drawn from the following: flute (dbl. picc/alto), clarinet (dbl. bass), horn, violin, viola, cello, double bass.
- Provide scores and recordings to two existing pieces by two of your colleagues using our primary instrumentation in any combination: flute (dbl. picc/alto), clarinet (dbl. bass), horn, violin, viola, cello, double bass.
- Write a brief description (150 words max) outlining why you selected the two pieces by your colleagues. Your focus should be on the program you are proposing (premiere and two existing piece). What makes this program unique or compelling?
- Open to US and international composers.
- All composers must be at least 18 years old.
Deadline: Friday, April 28, 2017