1st Annual Call for Scores
New Mexico Contemporary Ensemble
The New Mexico Contemporary Ensemble announces the first edition of its call for scores for composers of contemporary chamber music. Submissions are restricted to composers who originate from North, Central, and South America or reside in one of these regions. Chosen selections will be performed by the New Mexico Contemporary Ensemble during the summer of 2017. For more information about NMCE, please visit www.nmcontemporaryensemble.weebly.com.
Composers must submit:
- CV (PDF preferred)
- a work of chamber music written 2010 or later for 2 players (clarinet/bass clarinet and trombone/bass trombone) OR 4 players (clarinet/bass clarinet, trombone/bass trombone, cello, and piano). Compositions may include electronics (provided live by the composer or in MP3 format). Inclusion of a score (PDF only) is required. Recordings are requested, but not required.
Rules and Regulations:
- Eligible composers include any citizen originating from or residing in North, Central or South America.
- There is no age limit.
- There is a $10 submission fee for participating in this competition. Fees will be used to cover administrative costs related to processing the materials.
- The deadline for this submission is April 10th, 2017.
- One composer will be selected to receive a monetary prize of $400.
- Up to three compositions may be chosen and performed by New Mexico Contemporary Ensemble during the summer of 2017.
- Final selections will be made by the ensemble and its group of advisors.
- Applicants will be notified via e-mail of the results by June 1st, 2017.
Questions, correspondence and submissions should be made electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.