The Veridian Symphony Orchestra and Chamber Series is a professional symphony orchestra and concert series in its Seventh season serving the Yuba/Sutter area of Northern California created to bring together the high level musicians that perform in the region with the aim to strengthen the cultural life of the twin cities. Born in the summer of 2010, the Symphony strives to positively impact the business, civic, philanthropic, and educational communities of Yuba/Sutter and surrounding counties through a number of innovative collaborative initiatives. Ultimately, we hope that the orchestra will act as an effective advocate for the advancement of cultural appreciation and humanity at the local and regional levels.
The Veridian Symphony Orchestra is pleased to announce its Fifth annual Call for Scores competition! The aim of the competition is to introduce new and fresh compositions to our audience while inspiring composers to continue writing. The Veridian Symphony is calling for pieces to be performed at our “Maestro’s Pick” concert on May 7, 2017.
RULES and GUIDELINES
- The Call is open to composers of any nationality and age.
- This year’s competition will call for pieces for Veridian Symphony Orchestra
- Pieces should be written for any instrumentation combination using a 2222-4200-tmp str orchestra. We plan for 36 professional players total. You may submit something for a different combination or only strings, etc, but not for more players than we will have.
- Works must be related to the theme of the concert, loosely or strictly at the composer's discretion, and range from 2 to 6 minutes in duration.
- Each composer may send up to 2 different works.
- $40 must be paid via bank transfer, check (to PO Box 3683 Yuba City, CA 95992), or PayPal as a contribution to costs.
- VSO may select one or more pieces based on time constraints.
- Submissions via email only to email@example.com- the scores must be attached as PDF files; please also include a recording, mp3, or midi file of your composition if possible. (Computer generated recordings are ok)
- The payment proof (check to our PO Box or PayPal) must be attached to your submission;
- A short biography (200 words max.) in English must be pasted as text in the body of the email, together with first name, last name, date of birth and nationality; please also include a head shot.
- Composers attending the performances are much appreciated, but not required. VSO will provide composers with a CD or YouTube video of the performance.
- In the body of the email, please write “I will attend the concert if my piece(s) is (are) selected” or “I will not attend the concert if my piece(s) is (are) selected”;
DEADLINE: April 1, 2017 Results will be announced on or before April 5 on the VSO website and Facebook page, and composers of the accepted works will be notified by email.
For any further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org