Donald Sinta Quartet National Composition Competition
1st Prize - Two first prize winners will receive $500 each, have their piece premiered by DSQ, and receive audio and video recordings of the work.
Runner-Ups - Up to 7 runners-up will have their pieces premiered by DSQ and receive audio and video recordings of their piece.
- All composers must be currently registered students, of any degree level, in a music program in the United States as of January 2017.
- Previous first-prize winners are not eligible, all other composers are welcome.
- There is no application fee.
- All submitted pieces must not have been premiered in a public recital.
- New arrangements/transcriptions of your own works are acceptable provided they have not been performed in that version before.
- Pieces must be at least 3 minutes in length
- All composers are encouraged to view our recordings to become acquainted with various technical possibilities for the ensemble. Any composer with specific questions regarding technique or composing for saxophone quartet is encouraged to contact Dan Graser - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pieces must be submitted, score and parts, in PDF format to info@donaldsintaquartet by March 1st, 2017. Included with your piece please include a brief bio and resume detailing your current enrollment in a collegiate music program in the United States.
- MIDI audio files of submissions are encouraged but not required.