Synchromy announces a call for scores for piano trio to be performed by:
Alyssa Park – violin
Timothy Loo – cello
Vicki Ray – piano
The winning score will be performed as part of the Synchromy concert at the Boston Court Performing Arts Center in Pasadena. The concert will be on Saturday, June 3rd, 2017 at 8pm.
• Composers of any age and nationality are invited to submit their scores and recordings (submissions with recordings are preferred).
• Original compositions written in the last 15 years (unpublished or self-published)
• Length up to approximately 10 minutes
• Instrumentation: Works must be for piano trio (violin, cello, piano). Compositions for solo instruments or duets or electronics will not be considered.
• Composers can submit only one piece for our consideration.
• We only accept electronic submissions.
Please submit the following materials to email@example.com by
Friday, December 16, 2016
• Anonymous score (.pdf file)
• Anonymous recording, if available (attach mp3 file) MIDI realization converted to an audio file is acceptable)
• Short CV, resume or bio (pdf file)
• Your contact information (email, phone, physical address, link to the website, if available)
• Upon the receipt our volunteers will process your submission to preserve anonymity during adjudication process (the adjudicators will receive only your score and recording).
• Please make sure that your score and recording are completely anonymous and can be identified only by the title of your composition. Please remove your name from the score and recording, and remove your name from meta-data information which can appear on a playback device/software when your audio files is listened by adjudicators. Scores and recordings which reveal your identity will disqualify your submission.
There is no fee to apply for this call for works and no compensation will be offered to selected composer if his/her piece is selected for programming by Synchromy at the Boston Court concert. Synchromy may choose to include any submitted piece on our future concerts without further compensation to the composer.
The selected composer will be notified via email in February 2017. At this point the composer will be asked to provide parts (electronic .pdf files) free of charge via email or post by March 1, 2017. The selected composer’s attendance is not required but encouraged. The coverage of travel and other expenses cannot be offered, but a limited number of complimentary tickets for the concert will be provided to the selected composer in attendance.