FLORENCE STRING QUARTET CALL FOR SCORES
Artes Association announces the first edition of FLORENCE STRING QUARTET CALL FOR SCORES, sponsored by the city of Florence.
The selected scores will be created by the Quertet Ascanio during the concert of September the 8th 2013 at 5.00 pm in Salone Brunelleschi of Palagio di Parte Guelfa in Florence and will be published by Sconfinarte editions.
1. The call for score is opened to all composers, without nationality or age limit.
2. The scores must be written for string quartett (2 violins, viola, cello) and must have a duration between 7 and 15 minutes.
3. The scores must be unpublished untill the day of the concert. The composers can send scores that have been already performed before the date of the concert.
4. Each participant can send at most 3 scores. The inscription fee is €40,00 for the first score and €20,00 for each of the others. The fee can be paid by international bank transfer:
bank BCC di Vignole, IBAN IT82 Z089 2221 5030 0000 0704 948 intested to
Associazione Artes, SWIFT ICRA IT RR PM0 (zero).
5. An international jury will select 3 scores to be performed during the concert of September the 8th 2013 by the quartett Ascanio in Salone Brunelleschi of Palagio di Parte Guelfa in Florence at 5.00 pm. The concert will be professionally recorded and the composers will receive a copy of it. The 3 selected scores will be published by Sconfinarte editions. The jury can assign one or more grants (not exceding the total amount of €500,00) to composers considered worthy.
6. The selected scores will be performed also during the concert season 2013/2014 of quartetts Ascanio, Aphrodite, Artes.
7. The international jusy is composed by:
M° Andrea Portera (Italy), composer, President of the jury
M° Mario Ancillotti (Italy), artistic director of Suoni Riflessi Festival
M° Luca Ceretta (Italy), artistic director of Sconfinarte editions
M° Keith Ferrone (USA), artistic director of Florence Dance Center
M° Jin-Tak Moon (Korea), artistic director of Korea Soloists Orchestra
8. The scores must anonymous, without any identity sign, but they will be marked with a motto, that will allow to recognise the composer.
9. The scores can be sent by e-mail or by ordinary mail, following these procedures:
- e-mail: the participants will send the scores to email@example.com, object “STRING QUARTET 2013”, attaching scores in PDF format (max 10 mb) and the receipt of the payment of the inscription fee. The PDF files must be named with the same motto marked in the scores. As body of the e-mail the participant will indicate name, surname, motto, title and duration of the scores, contacts (address, mobile, …). The organization will guarantee the anonimity of the participants.
- ordinary mail: scores must be sent to Associazione Artes, via G. Verga 19 – 59100 Prato (Po) – Italy; the package must contain 3 copies for each score and a sealed envelope (marked with the same motto in the scores) containing the receipt of the payment of the inscription fee and personal information (name, surname, motto, title and duration of the scores, contacts).
10. The package must be received by August the 16th 2013 at 24 GMT. The material will not be returned.
11. “Florence String Quartett Call For Scores” is based on the direct comparison between composers and audience, so the participation of the selected composers to the concert is highly recommended. In that case, the organization will not reimburse any expenses for travel and stay.
12. The decisions of the jury are not open to appeal.