3rd Annual Sul Ross State University Wind Ensemble Composition Contest
3rd Annual Sul Ross State University Wind Ensemble Composition Contest. This contest is for composers of all ages and ability levels. Please share this information with your students and colleagues!
Guidelines for the compositions are:
· Entries should be original works, not arrangements.
· Entries should be composed for small wind ensemble. Suggested instrumentation is: Piccolo, Flute 1 and 2, Oboe, Bassoon, Bb Clarinet 1, 2, and 3, Bb Bass Clarinet, Eb Alto Saxophone 1 and 2, Bb Tenor Saxophone, Eb Baritone Saxophone, Bb Trumpet 1, 2, and 3, F Horn 1 and 2, Trombone 1, 2, and 3, Baritone, Tuba, and Percussion parts needing no more than 4 players to perform.
· Entries should have a music grade level between 2.5 and 5.
· Entries should be mostly tonal, but can contain elements of atonality and extended techniques.
· Entries should be new, never performed pieces in order to be performed as World Premiere Performances.
Entries will be judged as follows:
1. A panel of SRSU Music Faculty will review the compositions and pick those to be performed at the Composition Contest Concert. Emphasis will be placed on programming a concert with five to seven pieces in varied styles and forms.
2. Pieces chosen to be performed will be considered winners of the composition contest. All winners will receive audio and video recordings of the concert. Winners will also receive support in contacting publishers for potential publication.
3. Following the performances of the winning pieces, a panel of four music faculty will submit their choice for the Grand Prize Winner. A vote of the Competition Contest Concert audience members will make up a fifth vote in case of a tie. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a cash prize in an amount not less than $500.
To enter, please send a score and midi audio recording of your piece to:
Director of Bands & Brass Studies
Sul Ross State University
Alpine, TX 79832
To submit electronically, send the same materials to email@example.com.
Deadline for receipt of submissions is August 1, 2014. Winners will be notified by August 15, 2014, and may be asked to provide parts at that time.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact me through any of the methods below.
Thank you for your support of new music!
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/srsumusic